1200: Root Cause Analysis for Laboratories
In Class - 1 Day
Virtual - 2 half days
Root cause analysis is a structured method used to identify the contributing or causal factors that underlie variations in performance that cause non-conformances. Participants will learn several root cause analysis tools that will allow them to identify and correct the underlying problems.
Who Should Attend
For all laboratory staff involved in the work of a laboratory with an ISO/IEC 17025 quality system who:
- Conduct tests and calibrations
- Conduct QA/QC
- Participate in PT / ILC
- Manage the quality system
- Manage the laboratory
- Provide supporting services
Examine the best approaches to analyzing non-conformances for root cause. Ensures the RCA is focused on the system and avoids the blame game.
- Understand the root cause analysis requirements in ISO/IEC 17025
- Determine whether a root cause analysis is required
- Lead a root cause analysis
- Determine whether a corrective action has resolved the issue
- Introduction to Root Cause Analysis
- Identifying the problem and writing the problem statement
- Is root cause analysis required?
- Information collection
- Data analysis
- Corrective action
- Implementing the corrective action