1000: Understanding ISO/IEC 17025:2005
In Class - 2 Days
Virtual - 3 half days
Learn about the ISO/IEC 17025 standard and how to conform to the requirements of the standard to either become accredited or to maintain your accreditation.
Who Should Attend
For all laboratory staff who participate in the operation of the laboratory quality system:
- Conducting testing or calibration
- Supporting laboratory activities
- Managing the laboratory quality system
- Training laboratory staff
- Managing the laboratory
This 2-day Training Course is offered by CALA and examines both the quality system and technical requirements within the standard, including traceability of measurement and estimations of uncertainty. It contains easy-to-understand approaches to continual improvement and handling of customer feedback.
The course contains extensive reference to the Canadian and international interpretation and implementation guidance documents which accredited laboratories use.
- Principles behind the standard.
- Examination of basic management system requirements.
- Interpretations used by accrediting bodies for specific requirements.
- Development of continual improvement tools
- How to measure a laboratory quality management system
- Examination of uncertainty and traceability requirements
Introduction and Objectives
- Course Aims
- Approaches to Learning
Background and Principles
- What drives "Quality"
- Competence in a Laboratory
- Principles behind ISO/IEC 17025
- Quality Objectives and Structure
Basic System Requirements
- Structure and Approaches
- Documents and Records
- Software and Computers
- Demonstrating Competence
- Acquiring Competence
Laboratory Continual Improvement
- Basic Concepts and Approaches
- Continual Improvement Tools
Measure and Monitor a Lab QMS
- Internal Audit
- Management Review
Basic Technical Requirements
- People, Processes and Plant
- Quality Control and Procedures
- Sampling and Sample Handling
- Reporting the Results
- Uncertainty and Traceability
- Correlations between them.