Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL)
Canada's new anti-spam law was passed in December 2010 and came into force on July 1, 2014. This law, among other things, will mainly prohibit the sending of commercial electronic messages (CEMs) without the recipient's consent (permission), including messages to email addresses, social networking accounts, and text messages sent to a cell phone.
We require your express consent (permission) to send you CALA SUBSCRIPTION communications via email.
CALA SUBSCRIPTION communications are the electronic delivery of up to date CALA information and industry announcements. These subscription communications can include any of the following:
- Training Program Information: receive monthly newsletters, and updates on new and upcoming courses, and exciting e-training opportunities.
- Surveys: feedback obtained from surveys is very important for program and service development and improvements.
- Quarterly Newsletter: contains important information on CALA programs/services, as well as notices, Board updates, industry news and CALA document updates.
- Lab Digest: our biweekly e-news brief delivers timely, relevant news articles to your in-box every two weeks.
- General Marketing: occasionally CALA will forward information on services, products and upcoming events of interest to CALA clients.
For more information, please see our CASL FAQs.