CALA PT CAR Form
The CALA PT Corrective Action Report (CAR) Form is in Microsoft Word 6.0 format (.doc) and uses the Word's built-in form capabilities.
Instructions for Completing CALA PT CAR Form
- Print these instructions.
- Download CALA PT CAR Form.
- Open with Microsoft Word application (Word is not a free application).
- Type in the following information as found in the top left corner of the CAR forms mailed to you recently.
- Membership No.
- Laboratory Name
- Telephone No.
- If only have 1 CAR form, proceed to step 9.
- Before proceeding any further, choose Save As... from the File menu
- Save the file to a location on your computer's harddrive where you will be able to find it again.
- Name the file "CALA-CAR-template.doc"
- Fill out the following fields:
- Matrix: choose from the drop down menu (i.e. Water (Inorganic))
- Test Group: choose from the drop down menu (if you are completing a CAR for any C-01 or C-04 group, be sure to choose a subgroup identifier from the adjacent drop down box),
- Parameter: type in the parameter name (we have too many parameters to provide a dropdown menu)
- Appendix: (if applicable) type in the appendix number from your CALA Scope of Testing
- Section A: be sure to have a lab representative sign off the printed copy. You can enter the Date on this form.
- Section B: You can type in the Plan Completed By: and Date field. Be sure to have a lab representative sign off the printed copy.
- Choose Save As... from the File menu
- Name the file "CAR-XXXX-ppp.doc", where "XXXX" is your 4 digit CALA membership number and "ppp" is an abbreviation you assign to the parameter. For example, "CAR-9999-Cad.doc" would be for CALA lab 9999 and for parameter Cadmium.
- Print the PT CAR Form.
- Sign in appropriate fields.
- For each CAR form you want to fill in electronically, open "CALA-CAR-template.doc" and repeat steps 9-13.